Plastic Septic Tanks
The advantages of plastic septic tanks are the following:
• First of all plastic septic tanks are very resistant to cracking which is not the case with the concrete septic tanks.
.• With plastic septic tanks you can be sure to stay away from the problem of rust.
• At the same time, it has been seen that a plastic septic tank is a lot more cost effective than a concrete septic tank.
• Plastic septic tanks are water proof and are resistant to corrosion.
• Another advantage of plastic septic tanks is that it is quite easier to repair a plastic septic tank when compared to a septic tank made of concrete or fiberglass.
• With plastic septic tanks it is quite easier to install manhole extensions and lid risers.
It is true that plastic septic tanks have numerous advantages but at the same time there are certain downsides of using a plastic septic tank as well. Hence, it is better that we have an idea of those as well so that we can take the right decision.
• It has been seen that plastic septic tanks have lower effluent levels and this is discovered only after opening the tank.
• When a plastic septic tank is not installed properly, chances are high that it floats to the surface of the ground.
• It needs to be mentioned here that plastic septic tanks are not allowed in all states. So, before you think of installing a plastic septic tank it is recommended that you find out if plastic septic tanks are allowed in your state or not.